Diesel Technology Instructor
Walla Walla Community College (WWCC) is seeking applicants for a full-time Diesel Technology Instructor at the Walla Walla campus beginning fall quarter 2022. The Diesel Technology faculty at WWCC are engaged professionals focused on student success and are seeking a creative and dynamic individual who will become an active and engaged member of the Diesel Technology instructional team. Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to teach classes relative to the ASE Certification competency task list categories. Salary Range: Initial placement is generally $56,466 - $62,113 for a standard 176-day contract, dependent on qualifications (additional compensation for doctorate degree). This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received. For detailed position description, qualifications, and application procedure please visit the WWCC website by clicking on the apply.
Teaching and Related Responsibilities
- Participate in Diesel Technology Advisory committee.
- Curriculum development.
- Provide clear explanations, assignments and directions for students with a varied degree of abilities.
- Utilize best practices when implementing technology in the classroom.
- Assign and submit grades and maintain student records.
- Participate in assessments of college-wide and discipline-specific outcomes.
- Administer frequent assessments, both class room and labs
- Provide students with a comprehensive syllabus that aligns with the Master Course Outline for each class.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours.
- Adhere to the six Instructional Competencies (outlined below).
- Work in partnership with the Workforce faculty and staff and attend regular meetings
- Participate in commencement ceremonies, wearing academic robes, unless excused by the President
WWCC is an equal opportunity employer