Workforce Development Business Developer
SUNY Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college located in the scenic Southern Tier of New York. The College has over 7,700 students annually, and services over 6,100 students per semester in Liberal Arts, Business & Professional Studies, Health Sciences, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. An additional 1,600 students are served through the College’s workforce and non-credit programs.
SUNY Broome Community College is seeking candidates for a full-time, temporary, grant funded, Workforce Development Business Developer. This grant- funded positions reports to the Director of Training, Education and Workforce Development.
The Workforce Development Business Developer will articulate SUNY Broome’s offerings to businesses including non-credit training, microcredentials, certificates, degrees, internships and other engagement opportunities. This position also ensures that the needs of the business partners are being met along with scheduling training opportunities for the businesses and assisting to secure funding for training
The duties for this position include:
- Works with campus stakeholders, such as Workforce Development, Career and Transfer Services, academic departments and Deans along with the marketing department to support their efforts and strengthen business partner relationships.
- Create and implement a process, including a template, to formalize employer partnerships. Represent the college and conduct outreach to develop new employer partnerships.
- Assess employer partnerships and satisfaction with student performance and SUNY Broome.
- Research community and employer needs to get an understanding of desired non-credit and credit opportunities to develop.
- Create and deliver presentations to employers as well as community and business group regarding offerings and opportunities at SUNY Broome.
- Create and deliver presentations to current and prospective students, faculty and staff about employment opportunities in our region.
- Maintain a database and track prospective employer partners, including interactions and meetings, and ensure coordination between all stake holders on campus. Complete regular reporting to meet grant and other deadlines.
- Provides information to the marketing department to ensure the accuracy of web page information related to the Workforce Development area of responsibility.
- Support business involvement in career exploration activities on campus.
Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in communications, marketing, business administration or a related field is preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in customer service, marketing, project management, and/or sales is required.
The successful candidate should have an understanding of regional labor market, industry sectors and employment opportunities and knowledge of or willingness to learn College, local, state, and federal regulations applicable to the work of the Department.
The minimum salary for this position is $54,818.
Offers of employment will be conditional based upon the results of a satisfactory, required Pre-employment Standard Background Check.
SUNY Broome Community College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity and inclusion of the campus community and curriculum. The institution is committed to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for others. SUNY BCC is committed to the diversity of its community. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For full consideration, application materials must be received no later than Friday, February 16, 2024. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, and phone number of three (3) references to: