Middle School Special Education Substitute Teacher
South Fayette Township School District seeks a Middle School Special Education Substitute Teacher.
Building Principals regarding day-to-day job responsibilities
Director of Student Support Services regarding all special education issues (paperwork, programming, compliance of mandates, procedures, etc.)
1. Special Education certification N-12 or 7-12 and:
2. Pennsylvania teaching certificate in Middle Level English 6-9, English 7-12
3. 3.0 or higher QPA
4. Proof of ongoing professional or educational experience
5. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
6. Experience in utilization computer/technology literacy-SMART Boards, Laptops, iPADS, Apps, etc.
7. Experience in collecting and analyzing Progress Monitoring Data
8. Experience with the Co-Teaching Model, Inclusion Practices, Differentiation Strategies
9. Experience with Academic, Emotional, Social, and Behavioral interventions
10. Experience in the use special education data management software
11. Experience with Universal Design of Learning (UDL)
To create a differentiated, structured and organized special education program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
To establish effective rapport with the students
To motivate pupils to develop skills and knowledge needed to provide a good academic foundation in accordance with each pupils ability
To establish effective relationships with parents
Work in cooperative professional groups with colleagues
1. Teach the academic subject(s) to pupils in accordance with the students IEPs, using the approved written curriculum and/or the special education alternative curriculum adopted by the South Fayette Township School District.
2. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil in accordance with the students IEP.
3. Serve as a liaison between regular education and special education staff
4. Write and revise students IEPs on an as needed basis but at least on an annual basis.
5. Write the Re-evaluation Reports for special education students.
6. Write/mail/IEP invitation letters and coordinate all IEP revision meetings with parents and appropriate staff.
7. Write all NOREPs.
8. Attend all IEP meetings.
9. Complete Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs) as part of the Reevaluation process.
10. Develop and implement Positive Behavior Support Plans for students on an as needed basis and in accordance to the students IEP.
11. Work with the MDT team and IEP team members to determine appropriate support services for students and work with team members to implement these services.
12. Complete all Education Benefit Review Charts (EBRs) over a 3-year period prior to the departments PDEs Special Education Cyclical Monitoring.
13. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
14. Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
15. Evaluate pupils academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
16. Communicate with parents regularly through conferences, phone calls, emails, progress reports and other means to discuss pupils progress and interpret the school program.
17. Identify pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
18. Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
19. Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
20. Budget: select and request books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
21. Supervise pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
22. Administer group-standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
23. Administer individual achievement tests to students as needed, as part of the Re-evaluation process. 24. Demonstrate the ability to work with statistical inference, percentages, etc. in relationship to data/evaluation interpretation.
25. Demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
26. Participate in curriculum development programs as required and is able to access the general curriculum for students with IEPs.
27. Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
28. Collect, maintain and analyze extended school year data.
29. Collect, maintain and analyze Progress Monitoring data
30. Participate in targeted professional development set by the school districts professional development calendar and at the recommendation of the Director of Pupil Personnel or building principal.
31. Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and instruct as a dual co-teacher in your role as a special education teacher in a co-teaching classroom environment.
32. Demonstrate the ability to teach within a self-contained setting.
33. Demonstrate the ability to guide Paraeducators / Personal Care Assistants in working with individuals and groups of students.
34. Attend department meetings and serve on department committees
35. May be asked to perform other job-related responsibilities as per the building principal and/or Director of Pupil Personnel.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the South Fayette Township Board of Education and the South Fayette Education Association.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by, but not limited to, the Director of Student Support Services and communicated to the superintendent for review.
Middle School Special Education Substitute Teacher Position is available approximately December 15, 2023 until mid March 2024