Construction Teacher Position
Looking for someone for next year, but can start at any time.
Shenandoah Community School District is seeking applicants for a Construction Teacher Position. This would be considered Industrial Technology 7-12.
Full Job Description
Under general direction of a principal, provides leadership in an educational
environment that encourages and nurtures learning for all students. Provides supervision to students in a variety of school related settings, monitors and evaluates student outcomes, develops, selects or modifies lesson plans to ensure all student needs are met, and maintains appropriate records and follows all policies and procedures. Provides quality standards-based instruction in the area of Construction Technology focusing on rough and finished carpentry; assesses and encourages student progress, manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Essential Duties: (These duties represent a sample and may vary by position.)
- Demonstrates and instructs construction and carpentry skills including aspects of the carpenter apprenticeship program
- Instructs and demonstrates proper safety practices, procedures and standards.
- Develops and implements instructional plans and activities in the carpentry laboratory
- Builds positive relationships with students by providing meaningful and current instruction and by individualizing programs
- Creates and plans effective curriculum based projects and activities correlated with a specific construction concept in mind
- Coordinate CTE Student Organization activities for local, regional, state and/or national competition
- Attend District PLC meetings as scheduled
- Collaborates in the identification, development, implementation and coordination of work study arrangements
- Monitors and records student progress providing formative feedback and evaluations.
- Demonstrates techniques to students as a group and one-on-one, helping them to complete lessons, assignments, projects, activities and evaluations.
- Provides students with clear expectations, continual feedback, and logical consequences.
- Provides students with opportunities to expand their skills and knowledge base
- Participates in field trips to post-secondary institutes, worksites, businesses and hands-on workshops
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment and tools used in the program
- Manages inventory control including purchasing materials, supplies, equipment and tools
- Performs related duties as assigned.