Program Coordinator (Administrative Assistant) - Special Services
June 9, 2022
Puget Sound Educational Service District seeks a dynamic, highly skilled Program Coordinator to centralize and streamline critical functions and facilitate key office operations to support the Special Services team in the Learning, Teaching and Family Support Department. The Program Coordinator will coordinate and monitor a wide variety of complex activities, plan and oversee large-scale events, provide administrative and technical support, serve as a departmental resource, provide ongoing support to staff, and oversees multiple budgets.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
In support of public health and Proclamation 21-14.1 (COVID Vaccination Requirement), employment with Puget Sound ESD requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious accommodation. Please note that for staff in positions interacting with or working directly with children, a full COVID-19 vaccination is required. For additional information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There is no need for applicants to submit supporting documents. Individuals that are offered positions will be informed of the process to submit their documents at the time of offer.
- Associate/Vocational Degree in job-related field, or a High School Diploma/GED equivalency and progressively responsible job-related work experience.
- Experience in the efficient management of multiple functions for several staff in a busy office environment.
- Writing, proofreading, and editing experience.
- Experience designing creative, graphic-rich documents, and presentations.
- Spreadsheet and database management experience, including data entry, manipulation, analysis and/or report creation.
- Budget & invoice management experience.
- Website management, PowerPoint, or other publishing software experience.
- Familiarity with virtual technologies for meeting support (e.g., Zoom, RingCentral, Teams).
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to personal and organizational racial equity journeys.
- Experience communicating and coordinating meetings, budgets, and materials for multiple internal and external partners (including district and school leaders, community organization leaders, parents, and youth).
- Fiscal literacy preparation and forecasting experience.
- Experience coordinating across departments for program services, fiscal, and communication purposes.
- Professional experience with large project management and event delivery.
- Professional experience providing exemplary customer service to school districts and interagency.
- Ability to work as an active team member and independently.
- Experience generating/creating material for and/or publishing monthly newsletters.
- Interest and experience in community and family engagement, education equity that leads with race, and continuous improvement.
- Interest and experience in collecting and managing numerical and narrative information for the purposes of report creation and dissemination.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred).
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts may be required as part of a complete application, and official transcripts may be required within two weeks of hire.
Location: Renton, Washington
Job Type: Full time, Year ‘round
Salary: $54,133 – $62,778 (Salary Band D)
Department: Learning, Teaching, and Family Support – Special Services
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric car charging stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by June 19, 2022. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for June 29, 2022 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the FastTrack Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057