NOTICE OF VACANCY: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Becky Eicher, Human Resources Technician, at (218) 793-2407.
• Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
• PCN: 00636220
• Date Posted: 06/13/2022
• Closing Date: 07/08/2022
• Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / Northland TC-EGF-MSC
• Division/Unit: MnSCU N E Grand Fk TC Faculty / MnSCU-State College Faculty
• Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
• Work Shift: Days
• Days of Work: Monday - Friday
• Travel Required: Minimal
• Salary Range: $39,212 - $84,192 Annual
• Classified Status: Unclassified
• Bargaining Unit/Union: 210 MSCF
• Work Area: East Grand Forks, MN
• FLSA Status: Nonexempt
• Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited Radiologic Technology Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching, who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at Northland are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds amongst its administrators, faculty, and staff.
Examples of Duties:
• Provide classroom, lab, and clinical instruction.
• Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students, including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment and English-language learners.
• Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
• Serve as Clinical Coordinator for the Radiologic Technology Program.
• Mentor and advise students.
• Maintain consistent communication with students through office hours, email, and telephone.
• Plan, develop, and deliver curriculum.
• Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
• Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College.
• Engage in professional development activities.
• Promote diversity and cultural competency.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
Occupational Experience Requirement
• Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered technologist.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Professional Requirement • Certified as a Registered Technologist (RT) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART).
• This position will serve as the Radiologic Technology Clinical Coordinator. In addition to the above listed minimum instructor qualifications, this is a nationally accredited program through Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology that requires the following of a clinical coordinator:
o Is proficient in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and academic advising,
o Documents two years clinical experience in the professional discipline,
o Documents one year's experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program, and
o Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists current registration in radiation therapy or equivalent (i.e., unrestricted state license for the state in which the program is located).
• Have a minimum of two years' experience teaching.
• Coursework in teaching pedagogies and preparation in principled and methods of evaluation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
• Have appropriate medical or allied health education, training, and experience, be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and evaluation of students.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical
and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Application Deadline: July 8, 2022
If you have questions about the position, contact Becky Eicher, Human Resources Technician, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 793-2407.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.