The Director of Financial Aid leads the administration of state, federal and institutional financial aid programs. This position directs all activities associated with the College’s Financial Aid and Scholarship functions including development, management, evaluation and update of policies and procedures to assure the effectiveness of services and compliance with Institutional, State, Federal, College and/or Private directives which regulate the award of financial aid and scholarships. This position provides leadership and vision while promoting student enrollment, persistence, and completion.
MSUN will only consider applicants who are authorized to work in the US and MSUN will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs the overall operation of the Financial Aid Office to ensure that office operational procedures are performed in an efficient and effective manner by interacting positively and appropriately with students, co-workers, supervisors and visitors.
2. Provides overall oversight and responsibility for awarding, disbursing, and reconciling all federal and state aid as well as scholarships/grants in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and policies.
3. Directs the Financial Aid Office department’s operations, including staffing, budgeting, training and planning.
4. Maintains current and thorough knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines governing institutional, state and federal student aid programs to assure the College’s compliance with regulations and mandates.
5. Establishes, interprets, evaluates, update and implements policies and procedures to govern all aspects of financial assistance including institutional scholarships.
6. Creates policies and procedures and coordinates activities essential to management of and compliance in processing of state and federal grants and loan programs as well as scholarships and other sources of student assistance.
7. Monitors student records to ensure students are meeting requirements set forth by the state and federal agencies and by public and private funding sources.
8. Coordinates activities associated with the compilation and analysis of financial assistance and enrollment data to provide administrative information and to comply with institutional, state and federal reportorial requirements.
9. Coordinates completion and submission of the annual Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate as well as required Applications for Recertification for Title IV eligibility.
10. Work effectively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and integrates new information and requirements to improve the quality of service of the department.
11. Provides and conducts personal, financial, and career advising as appropriate. Makes referrals as necessary. Advises students and parents in financial planning, financial aid application, and debt management.
11. Takes an active role in retention efforts to make sure that financial aid policies and procedures are being followed appropriately to assist student persistence and success.
12. Leads Financial Aid Department in promoting student persistence and completion.
Click Apply for more info or to apply today!