High School Principal
Milton Town School District
Milton High School Principal
Start Date: July 1, 2024
The Milton Town School District is seeking a dynamic, equity-driven principal to lead an innovative team designed to meet the needs of the whole child. The candidate will be an instructional leader who is highly collaborative, possesses exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, and is strongly committed to providing all students with a challenging and supportive learning experience.
The MTSD vision is that all learners are prepared to thrive, pursue their passions, and contribute dynamically to an ever-changing world. The MHS Principal is a systems thinker able to implement the VTmtss Framework and Professional Learning Communities in order to foster a learning organization that promotes equity and inclusion while providing all students a personalized experience within a community of care through effective educational practices and strong relationships.
The MTSD is positioned to provide its new Principal with a unique leadership transition plan to ensure they are effectively supported, welcomed, and prepared for success. Interested candidates should submit a letter that outlines their leadership philosophy and interest in the Milton High School Principalship along with a resume, transcripts and 3 current letters of recommendation.
- Develop and implement initiatives that promote equity and inclusivity in the school environment.
- Collaborate with staff, students, and parents to create a school culture that values diversity, personal relationships and ensures every student has an equal opportunity to succeed.
- A commitment to culturally and linguistically responsive practices.
- Lead a culture of innovation by promoting creative, evidence-based teaching and staying informed of current educational research and best practices.
- Foster instructional strategies that engage students, center student voice, and prepares them for success in a rapidly changing world.
- Sustain a learning culture focused on results, high expectations, and a growth mindset for students and adults.
- Collaborate with district and school staff to effectively implement VTmtss Framework and provide all students access to high quality universal instruction and the appropriate layers of support to ensure their success.
- Cultivate professional learning communities as a means to reflect, learn and grow as professionals and build the collective efficacy and collective capacity of the organization.
- Supervise and evaluate teachers and staff in a collaborative, responsive way.
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations of Milton High School, including student discipline, safety, and extracurricular activities.
- Collaborate with district administrators, teachers, and support staff to achieve district-wide goals.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or related field
- VT Principal’s License or eligibility for licensure
- Demonstrated experience in educational leadership, preferably at the high school level
- Strong understanding of equity issues in education and a commitment to culturally responsive practices and inclusive school environment
- Knowledge of MTSS Framework and Professional Learning Communities
- Proven ability to lead and inspire
Electronic applications, including a cover letter, resume, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and licensure, are required.