Student Services Data and Application Analyst
Johnston Community College is looking for a Student Services Data and Application Analyst. The position provides technical, analytical, and functional support and development for Student Services and performs a variety of tasks in support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides technical and functional support to all Student Services areas relative to systems applications utilized by the division.
- Provides student data and information to college staff upon request.
- Works collaboratively across college areas to support enrollment data initiatives.
- Coordinates and updates Student Services web pages, Microsoft Teams sites, and Sharepoint intranet pages. Ensures consistency across the division of Student Services web pages and student publications, and sees that they are regularly updated.
- Creates specific rules and reports to support processes used by Student Services within Colleague.
- Prepares Enrollment Management and Financial Aid reports required by the College, NCCCS, and other outside state and federal agencies. Understands, analyzes and interprets student enrollment and financial aid data prior to report submission.
- Manages user interface and develops forms and workflow within Enterprise Content Management System, communications application software, retention software, and texting software.
- Interfaces with national Student Loan Clearinghouse for enrollment and degree verification. Troubleshoots and corrects reports.
- Maintains awareness of new developments in Ellucian Colleague software: incorporates new developments as appropriate into daily responsibilities.
- Maintains workflow and communications for disciplinary and student grievance processes.
- Assists in all areas of Student Services, particularly Enrollment Management functions and Communications to students.
- Knowledge of Student Services student modules within Colleague in order to assist departments with communication management and reports.
- Collaborates as needed with Network Services System Administrator on student module software, upgrades and testing.
- Must have a thorough understanding of college policy and must perform all duties and responsibilities according to established protocol, policies, and procedures.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
Experience Minimum: Three years’ experience in a computer systems related position.
Ability to create Inform Statements and use basic programming. Knowledge of database structures. Ellucian Colleague experience preferred.
Salary Range: $43,516 - $65,274 Annually