School District RN Nurse
School District Registered Nurse position, 7 hours/day, for the 180-day school year plus additional days for health screening and other duties as needed, and 12 paid holidays.
Essential Functions: The school nurse provides health care services to students by performing the following duties.
- Plans school health program, in cooperation with medical authority and administrative school personnel.
- Conducts medical screenings and reviews findings to evaluate health status of pupils and progress of program.
- Does all required screenings and referrals as mandated by law and district policies.
- Does paperwork necessary in conjunction with school nurse duties.
- Collaborates with school personnel in identifying and meeting social, emotional and physical needs of school children.
- Provides first-aid and maintains health records of students.
- Counsels students in good health habits.
- Counsels staff in BBP (blood borne pathogens) and universal precautions in the workplace and assists in the arrangements for Hepatitis B shots for at-risk staff.
- Works with community agencies in planning facilities to meet needs of children outside school situation.
- Assists in program for care of children with disabilities and other health conditions.
- Serves as a member of the district health curriculum team.
- Teaches components of health education as requested by teachers and administrators.
- Participates on the district's Crisis Management Team.
- Oversees the emergency kits provided to teachers at MWC.
- Orders medical supplies for the nurse's rooms at each building.
- Conducts staff development (cert/class) as deemed necessary.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Registered Nurse License required; Certificate preferred.
- School Nurse education/experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with students, parents and staff in a manner appropriate to their level of understanding. Bilingual/biliterate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work independently and reliable attendance.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment physical and successful
completion of WSP and FBI fingerprint screenings required by 28A.400 RCW
Salary: TBD based on experience. Attractive benefit package is also available.
Closing Date: Open until filled. Make application as soon as possible
Qualified Candidates: Application form and information are available at: FastTrack (wa-k12.net) or by calling the District Office at (509) 678-8631
The Highland School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator and Compliance Coordinator (RCW 28A.640/28A.642) officer: Brandon Jensen, Highland Sr High School Principal, 17000 Summitview, Cowiche WA 98923, telephone (509) 678-8800, e-mail- email@example.com. Section 504/ADA coordinator: Courtney Sund, Director of Special Education, SEL & Inclusionary Practices, 17000 Summitview Rd, Cowiche, WA 98923, telephone (509) 678-8859, e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org. Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying (HIB) Coordinator: Don Strother, Highland Jr High Principal, 17000 Summitview Rd, Cowiche, WA 98923, telephone (509) 678-8800, email- email@example.com. The Highland School District will also take steps to assure that national origin persons who lack English language skills can participate in all education programs, services and activities. For information regarding translation services or transitional bilingual education programs, contact Ana Garcia, Student Services Secretary.