Instructor - Welding Technology
Gaston College is seeking to fill the following position: Instructor-Welding Technology (9-Month)
Responsible for the preparation, delivery, and evaluation of courses including preparing lectures and teaching students in classroom and lab environments, evaluating and grading student tests and assignments, fostering student success and completion, making recommendations for updating course design and/or syllabi as needed, and following established instructional procedures and protocols. Position requires the teaching of both day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites and through multiple modes, including CCP/CTE Pathway, as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach assigned classes using a variety of instructional methods to achieve student learning according to expected outcomes. Appropriately teach or present information, ideas, and skills in ways that accommodate different learning styles of a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Maintain a collegial classroom and learning environment that fosters respect and collaborative teamwork.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final student performance evaluations and assign grades that reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Maintain a high-degree of flexibility to be accessible and accommodate student needs, which may require meetings outside of scheduled classroom or office time.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through ongoing evaluation of the course and the course's syllabi and making recommendations revisions as needed.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Due to the ongoing evolution of welding technology, this position requires the regular updating of technical and instructional knowledge, skills, and abilities through professional development or coursework.
- Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled Department, Division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
- Participate in activities that enhance the College's service to students and to the community.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Welding Technology or closely related technical degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
- Associate degree in Welding Technology from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
- Must meet minimum SACSCOC criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years' experience in the welding field required.
- Prior college teaching experience preferred.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
- Online teaching experience using alternate learning management systems preferred.