Early College Liaison-Educational Partnerships
Open until filled-
The Early College Liaison is responsible for serving as the College’s representative for the Gaston Early College of Medical Sciences and fostering the development of positive relationships between the higher education partner(s) and the LEA by bridging communication gaps and supporting dialogue. The Liaison is also responsible for all academic advising and student success coaching for Early College students enrolled in college classes and will assist the Offices of Educational Partnerships and College Now during peak advising and registration periods. This position reports to the Vice President of Educational Partnerships and in collaboration with the Dean of College Now.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as liaison between the College and the Gaston Early College High School.
- Assist in the development and refinement of four/five-year plans of study combining secondary and postsecondary work
- Work with secondary and postsecondary staff to ensure coordination of high school and college schedules that allow access to required coursework
- Assist secondary staff with the coordination of postsecondary registration
- Coordinate administration of college placement tests, when needed, and assist with the application process
- Facilitate the Early College Advisory Committee
- Coordinate yearly MOA development for the Early College in collaboration with the Vice President of Educational Partnerships
- Assist with the coordination of collaborative staff development activities for Early College and College personnel
- Teach ACA course(s), if needed.
- Serve as academic advisor for students enrolled in Gaston Early College High School
- Collaborate with secondary and postsecondary disability service staff to ensure proper student support is in place for students with special needs
- Participate in continuous communication with the college’s faculty with regard to student performance
- Coordinate progress report activities throughout the semester.
- Participate in College committees
- Represent the College at events for prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals to promote and market early college and college programs, including student/parent information nights
- Establish and maintain an active role on the assigned high school campuses in order to recruit prospective students, including developing a consistent schedule for visits throughout the school year
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of College Now and Vice President for Educational Partnerships
- Assist with event and activities at the Early College as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Effective and professional written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience in education setting, preferably working with high school students
- Minimum of two years’ experience at a community college preferred.
- Demonstrated personal and professional competence for responsibilities assigned
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision with numerous groups across the college, within the public-school systems, and within state and regional groups.
- Physical requirements include ability to stand for extended periods of time; lift, maneuver, and transport recruiting items; lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to drive to and from high school sites in Gaston and Lincoln counties required.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours will be required.
Gaston College provides a comprehensive, affordable insurance and benefits program. We are continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of our regular** employees.
- State Health Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Supplemental Insurances
- NC State Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Disability Benefits, Long- and Short-Term
- Longevity Pay
- State Employees' Credit Union Eligibility
- Leave (Vacation, Sick, FMLA, Civil and Military, Child/Student Involvement, Education, and Voluntary Shared)
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Advancement Compensation
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discount Program
- Benefits Overview Booklet
**Please note: Temporary (part-time) employees do not earn benefits.