Assistant Professor, Mathematics
SALARY Depends on Qualifications
LOCATION Lake City, FL
JOB TYPE Full-time
JOB NUMBER 202300028
DIVISION Vice President, Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT Academic Affairs
OPENING DATE 01/24/2024
CLOSING DATE 2/24/2024 11:59 PM Eastern
Teach Developmental Arithmetic, Elementary and Intermediate Algebra courses. Teach College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Mathematics for Liberal Arts, Statistics, and Calculus. Work with others in the Mathematics Department to develop and revise curriculum and examine learning outcomes. 164 Duty Days – Tenure Track
Examples of Duties
(Note: The following examples of work as listed in this job descriptions are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the classification. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Uses assessment strategies (traditional and alternate) to assist the continuous development of the learner.
- Uses effective communication techniques with students and all other stakeholders.
- Engages in continuous professional quality improvement for self and school.
- Uses appropriate techniques and strategies, which promote and enhance critical, creative, and evaluative thinking capabilities of students.
- Uses teaching and learning strategies that reflect each student's culture, learning styles, special needs, and socio-economic background.
- Adheres to Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Conduct of the Education Profession in Florida.
- Uses an understanding of learning and human development to provide a positive learning environment, which supports the intellectual, personal, and social development of all students. Demonstrates knowledge and understandings of the subject matter.
- Creates and maintains positive learning environments in which students are actively engaged in learning, social interaction, cooperative learning and self-motivation.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates instruction in a variety of learning environments.
- Works with various educational professionals and other stakeholders in the continuous improvement of the educational experiences of students.
- Uses appropriate technology in the teaching and learning process.
- Other functions as specified in applicable policies/procedures and the Faculty Handbook
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Master's degree with minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in mathematics or a combination of education and/or work experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Experience in using technology in instruction. Ability to work well with others. Experience with or desire to teach distancelearning, online, and/or evening courses.
College teaching experience. Ability and willingness to explore new technologies in and out of the classroom to support the learner. Willingness to explore Web based instruction and multi-media presentational teaching technologies. Experience with examining and reporting learning outcomes and accreditation standards.
Florida Gateway College does not discriminate in education or employment related decisions on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status in accordance with the law.