FISCAL ASSISTANT (OFFICE ASSISTANT 3)
LOCATION: Lynnwood, Washington
The Fiscal Assistant helps ensure that Edmonds College Head Start, ECEAP, and Early Head Start provides effective fiduciary responsibilities to enable delivery of high quality services in all program areas. Under general supervision, the Fiscal Assistant independently performs a variety of complex fiscal clerical projects and assignments.
Edmonds invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
This is a classified position reporting to the Head Start Fiscal Specialist.
For information on applying, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below. We will begin reviewing applications on August 17, 2022.
- Review staff orders and complete Purchase Authorization (PA) for purchase
- Determine best vendor to purchase from based on price, availability, purchasing contracts, and purchasing guidelines. Research internet for items not found on the regular purchase list
- Receive orders and prep for distribution
- Follow up with vendors regarding order discrepancies and invoicing errors
- Prepare & submit invoices to Edmonds College Accounts Payable Office for payment, including proper allocation of funds.
- Enter invoice and PA information into ctcLink database. Follow up on travel expenses & extract data. Verify proper allocation of funds.
- Enter expenditures into QuickBooks
- Enter information into WINS database for CACFP reimbursement
- Prepare and maintain physical fiscal files
- Receive, date stamp, and scan incoming documents to online server
- Maintain integrity of online files
- Physically identify items on inventory list to verify that they exist.
- Assist in maintaining the physical inventory database.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years of clerical work experience, which includes working with databases
- Work experience using Microsoft Excel
(See Conditions of Employment section for additional requirements.)
- Experience working in a Head Start or ECEAP program
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related business doctrine with an emphasis on finance accountin
- Experience with Google Workspace, PeopleSoft, and/or Quickbooks
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The ability to sit at a desk/computer station, bend, stoop, walk and generally move around the office to consult with others, work within a busy environment and remain focused on tasks. Inventory management requires some lifting and moving of objects up to 30lbs. Excellent communication skills are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and will include communication with people for whom English is not their first language. This also includes the ability to produce clearly written documents.
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Salary range 34. Beginning salary is $33,924 - $38,004 annually, with progressive increases to $42,696, plus a full state benefits package, which includes tuition waivers for college classes, medical, dental, retirement options and more. Vacation and leave package includes 12 sick days per year, 11 scheduled holidays, 1 personal holiday, 2 personal leave days, and 14 vacation days per year (incremental increases to 24 vacation days per year).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
1. Responses to supplemental questions (part of the online application). (These questions reflect the required and desired qualifications and are used in the screening process. Please provide thorough responses.)
2. Current resume.
3. Names and contact information for three references.
4. For veterans' preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.
Edmonds College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer. Edmonds College invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.