Director of Transportation
Ready for the challenge of directing safe and secure school bus transportation for 11,000 students on 38 buses each day, with drivers covering 1.6 million miles annually? Des Moines Public School is looking for the next Director of Transportation.
Job Summary: Provides planning, direction, management and oversight to the Transportation department operation and employees and assures that student transportation needs are met in an efficient, effective and timely manner. Responsible for developing and monitoring key performance indicators pertaining to the Transportation department using department surveys and monitoring results. This position requires continuous use of independent judgment.
Successful candidates for this position will possess:
- High school diploma.
- Successful experience in managing a transportation program in a large urban district with multiple facilities.
Highly Qualified candidates for this position will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or post high school education and/or professional training.
- Five (5) years minimum experience as a Transportation department employee, or transportation management experience outside the district.
Salary Range for this position:
$99,902 - $127,400
(This represents the minimum to mid-point of the salary range. Candidates offered employment will be compensated based on skills, work experience and education.)
Des Moines Public Schools offers a generous benefits package including:
- Family Health Insurance at no cost to the employee during the first year of employment ($600/year after, or $0 with participation in the district wellness plan)
- Family Dental Insurance with a minimal monthly cost (Single dental insurance - no cost)
- Family Vision Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Enrollment in IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System), a defined benefit plan
- Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA): the contribution is 14% of the base salary.
- Moving expenses paid up to $6,000, if candidate moves into district boundary.