The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the education program in child development for children ages six weeks through five years old.
Qualifications: High school diploma or G.E.D. is required. experience working with children is required, Associate's degree in early childhood education is preferred.
Reporting and Working Relationship: Reports to Lead Teacher and assists Lead Teacher in classroom functions.
Pay range: $13.30 - $14.63 hourly rate.
- Valid Kentucky driver's license and proof of insurability.
- State child abuse criminal records check.
- Food handler's permit
- Any other screenings, physicals and testing required by the funding source, licensing and/or regulations.
- T.B Skin test
- Ability to lift child weighing 40 pounds.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of low-income people and demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of low-income people.
For a full job description click the apply button to be directed to our job board.