STEAM Enrichment Teacher
Columbia Middle School is developing our STEAM/Maker Space/Computer Applications and PLTW programs and seeks an energetic and innovative, educator to join our team. We are seeking a teacher who is collaborative, organized, enthusiastic, an excellent communicator, and has the ability to inspire students to be creative thinkers and learners while developing student’s cognitive skills using a variety of programs and platforms.
The ideal candidate will have middle school teaching experience, a background or passion for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math), The Maker Space Movement, PLTW and computer applications. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for student-centered, collaborative, and inquiry/project based education.
- Washington State Teacher's Certificate
- Evidence of behaviors conducive to continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Training or experience in using technology and real-world applications to enhance teaching and learning.
- Proven ability to motivate and instruct students of all ability levels with emphasis on providing for their individual learning styles.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining a positive, productive learning climate within the classroom as well as with parents and colleagues.
- Exemplary evidence of satisfactory experience in curriculum development, classroom management, and organization for routine detail.
- Training or experience in trauma informed care and adverse childhood experiences.