Assistant Special Education Supervisor
Job Posting Title: Assistant Special Education Supervisor - Anticipated
Application Deadline: 9/9/2022
Salary/Pay Scale: Commensurate with experience and education
Job Location: BOCES - Pioneer
Position Type: Administration, School Leaders & Curriculum/Assistant Special Education Supervisor
Location: BOCES – Northern Cattaraugus County
Division: Special Education
Supervisor: Special Education Supervisor
Assist supervisor with administrative, supervisory, coordinative, evaluative and supportive services responsibility in all areas related to Special Education operated by CA BOCES. Assist Supervisor in design job specifications and the recruitment and training of new staff.
- Assist with the planning, coordinating and implementation of the Common Core within each special education program assigned. Assist staff in aligning standards, curriculum and assessments. Attend and assist with conducting monthly area faculty meeting and bi-monthly meetings with at least one related services area and on curricular area.
- Assist with the coordination of curriculum development and improvement for Special Education Programs. Assist with the monitoring and development/improvement of special techniques, strategies, methods and materials to meet each student’s needs.
- Assist with supervision, observation and evaluation of Special Education Related Service Providers, support personnel and classified staff.
- Assist with facilitating the improvement of the teaching process through post-observation meetings and small group sessions.
- Interact with staff on student placements and IEP development and completion.
- Assist with monitoring and adjusting class lists for proper placement of students and compliance with Commissioner’s Regulations.
- Assist Supervisor as needed with development and review of Special Education policies and procedures.
- Interact with teachers and parents as needed.
- Assist Supervisor with recruiting, interviewing and recommending candidates for open positions of Special Education staff.
- Assist in overall budget process, make recommendations to Supervisor for budget and program development.
- Obtain general understanding of collective bargaining agreements and enforce provisions of those agreements.
- Collaborate with each school district and/or their representative(s) to assist in development and reviewing appropriate programs for students.
- Assist with writing & implementing grant projects, innovative program waivers, variances and approval procedures for State Education Department.
- Assist with monitoring facilities where programs are located (accessibility, health & safety). Liaison between classroom (staff/students) and building administrators.
- Assist with student discipline to ensure that it meets regulations.
- Report regularly on employee performance to Special Education Supervisor.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.
- Certification as School Building Leader (SBL), School Administrator/Supervisor (SAS), or School District Administrator (SDA).
- Three years’ experience working with students with special needs preferred.
Please apply online by completing the following two steps:
- Complete and submit the correct application type, TEACHER/ADMIN, and then
- Apply directly to the job posting.
Please note that new users (those asked to create an account) MUST apply directly to the job posting after submitting application.
PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES FOR TEACHER/ADMINISTRATIVE APPLICANTS - Please provide at least three (3) names of principals and/or superintendents from all educational employment. For beginning teachers registered with a college placement office, please include reference letter from your student teacher supervisor(s) and/or cooperating teacher(s).