School Library Media Specialist
Required Application Type: Teacher / Admin
Salary/Pay Scale: Starting at $51,453 (BA/BS)/ $54,672 (M Ed)
Job Description: The Addison Central School District has the following opening for a School Library Media Specialist.
- The Addison Central School District is seeking a student-centered, quality candidate to serve as a full-time School Library Media Specialist who can engage students in all subjects through effective instructional strategies.
- Candidates must hold the appropriate NYS Teacher Certification as a School Library Media Specialist, or equivalent, and experience at the elementary level is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong communication and relationship building skills; be a team player; be able to assist grade level teams in supporting elementary students; flexible; and have knowledge of multiple strategies to facilitate student engagement and success.
- The candidate must have the ability to use technology as an instructional tool and collaborate with faculty to design standards-based learning activities.
- The candidate must have the ability to facilitate a library and utilize district resources that support the academic programs in the Addison Central School District.
Interested candidates should apply online. To do so:
The Addison Central School District offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and mentor support.
Current open positions can be reviewed from here by clicking on the blue link, “Job Opportunities.” After clicking on any position more information can be viewed by clicking on the specific position title. To directly apply to the position, scroll down and click on the green “Apply Now” button in the blue box. If you are not logged-in, you will be prompted to do so.
Please make sure to include proof of certification, transcripts, cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference with your completed application.
All information is subject to verification and administrative approval. Applications for positions will be reviewed monthly, within two weeks of application deadline.
Your profile and information will be kept on file for your convenience. Thank you for your interest in our School District.
(Note: For assistance with this task, please contact the District Office - (607) 359-2245)